Halloween in Munchkin Land
Mortgage – Lakeland, FL.
What a SPOOKtacular event! This year’s Boo Bash is themed to the Explorations V Children’s Museum‘s traveling exhibit- The Wizard of Oz!
Join us in your favorite kid-friendly costumes for games, snacks, and lots of Halloween safe fun! All activities included with membership and admission while supplies last.
When: October 31, 2017 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Where: Explorations V Children’s Museum – 109 N Kentucky Ave, Lakeland, FL 33801
Founded in July 1991 by parent volunteers, Explorations V is located in the heart of historic downtown Lakeland, Florida. It is the only hands-on museum in Polk County dedicated to the education and cultural development of children and families.
The Wizard of Oz, US lobby card – 1939
“If we walk far enough,” says Dorothy, “we shall sometime come to someplace.”
Fun Wizard of Oz facts:
- The Tin Man’s oil was actually chocolate syrup.
- Judy Garland’s daughter, Liza Minelli, was married to Jack Haley Jr., the son of the actor who played the Tin Man.
- The horses in the Emerald City were colored with Jell-O, which they kept trying to lick off.
- Dorothy’s slippers in the book were silver.
- Toto was played by a female dog named Terry.
- Four sets of ruby slippers were used during filming.
- Margaret Hamilton’s copper-based green makeup could not be ingested, so she survived entirely on liquids during filming.